May 4, 2009

RIN TIN TINS

I was in the back seat of a car being driven by a co-worker while we went to lunch and at a stoplight we rolled up to a huge dual cab pickup truck that had two gorgeous German Shepards looking out a rolled down window. Since my work buddy's back window electric control didn't work I told her to roll it down from her end and as soon as she did I immediately stuck my camera out the window --- I always have a Nikon digital SLR at the ready during our lunchtime excursions --- and had enough time before the light turned green to get off two shots, with this one being a keeper.

And, fortunately, they weren't looking at me, I think that would have ruined the shot, but at some people getting gas at a gas station located on the other side of our car.

I noticed the added reflection of the sky on the truck as I reviewed the pic on the Nikon D50's LCD screen, which made the shot even cooler. I couldn't wait to get home to open it up in Capture NX 2 and do my editing work for it.

I printed it out and put it up on my cubicle wall at work (it's own my personal gallery) and people who looked at the pic all mentioned the sky's reflection.

It's always cool to be at the right place at the right time to get a photograph like this one. It's why I love photography, that spur of the moment shot starring at you and you at the ready to punch the shutter button.


No comments: