March 19, 2009

Grandma Chuggin' Down A 40

Here's a pic of a friend's mom I took back in the mid-'90s during a classic back yard white trash redneck BBQ cookout party at his place.

Yes, she's drinking a 40 of Colt 45. Pat is still kickin' too and, as always, is busily drinking beer and smoking cigs.

The photo was picked up by the website Sorry I Missed Your Party. Click the link and then scroll down to read the hilarious comments.

I took this photo of her using a cheap ass auto focus 35mm camera and, at some point, scanned the print. I was spending a bit of time going back over old, old photos and decided to look them over for ones I could restore to my satisfaction using today's amazing digital darkroom image editors.

I enlarged and improved this one's look by using two photo editors, Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 and Capture NX.

In Photoshop I finished it off by applying the 'poster edges' filter then manipulating it to where it looked good to my eye.


No comments: