March 19, 2009

Pepsi's SODYPOP Flop

I snapped this photo while in a co-worker's car heading west on Interstate 30 near the Montgomery Street exit. Since the shot was kind of f-ed up because I shot it with a slow lens and from inside a car going 70 mph I used Capture NX and Nik Software's Color Efex Pro 3.0 Polariod Transfer filter to make it look like this instead.

Then when I hit the Internet Tubes to find out more about this SODYPOP billboard from Pepsi (I drink Coke) I found some truly upset Pepsi drinking mofos. Check out these links 'cause these blogger folks are pissed off:

Nikdaum.com

Suck At Life

Even The Paranoid Right Wingers See A Twisted Political Angle In It

And the Urban Dictionary says 'sody pop' is a "hick" phrase for soft drinks. I'm a hick and I've never used sody pop when referring to a soft drink. I always say Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want?" Or, "What do you want to drink?" In Texas no one I know says soft drink or sody pop. It's Coke or Pepsi or Sprite or Iced Tea or whatever.


No comments: