May 4, 2009

PAPPAS BURGER: Hickory Cheddar Bacon Burger

Thinking Pappas Burger might not be all that great ---- it's got the usual "flare" and wall decorations you see @ TGIF and Bennigans, etc., --- I was extremely surprised at how comfy and cool a joint this actually is. Sure, it's got what the other corporate dine-in places have --- "fun" food and a happening atmosphere --- but I sensed something different about this place the moment I walked into it. I was there only because my dad called me up and asked me if I wanted him to pick me up from work and go eat lunch @ Pappas Burger.

I immediately sensed this place was different and, to my surprise, it was.

First off, the food is top notch. Sure the prices are top notch too, the price of the burger I ate was $9.95, but it's worth. And you do get free refills on your drinks, soft drinks, I mean. I know that's a LOT of dough for a burger and fries but I'm telling you this burger was extremely delicious, tasty (the bacon was crisp and it had my taste buds all in a flux) and filling. So I can't bemoan the price at all --- but my dad did pay. It was a full meal (and I'm 227 lbs) and the hickory-smoked cheddar bacon cheese burger meat was juicy, tender and flat out top notch beef. The fries were well-seasoned and tasted fresh. I didn't even bother throwing Ketchup on them so as not to mask their genuine flavor.

Pappas Burger's advertising folks says this about their home away from home joint, "A one-of-a-kind burger haven serving Texas-size burgers with fresh and flavorful toppings. Watch the game on Pappas Burger’s big screen televisions or just enjoy our fun and laid back atmosphere."

I couldn't agree more. And there's no doubt about it: I'll be going again, whether I pay or not.


No comments: